About Industry Immersion
Industry and academia interface is highly crucial in a knowledge-driven economy where students, pursuing different professional programmes, are expected to be well versed/trained about their work in the industry. RGU regularly conducts various forms of academia-industry interactions that gives students hands-on experience in real-life work situations. Students also get ample opportunities to interact with distinguished professionals and leaders from various industries.
Industry-Academia Interaction is Promoted through the Following Methods
- Mentoring programme
- Industry summer internships
- Industrial Visits
- Guest Lectures by leaders of corporate world
- Case based studies
- Extra practical work in the laboratory of selected industries under the guidance of industry experts on the campus
- Regular seminars/workshops by people from different industries
- Live projects with industry/Educational trips/tours to industrial areas and specific tourist destinations
- Seminars/workshops conducted with the help of industry
Work Based Learning (WBL) Programme
The Government of India has taken up various initiatives for the educational empowerment of women belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and Economically Weaker Section (EWS) of the society. This includes scholarships, free coaching, economic empowerment schemes and related activities. The Work Based Learning (WBL) programme in Niche/Emerging Technologies is one such unique government initiative that aims to provide employability skills to women belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) of the society.
The Key Features of the WBL Programme
This programme will provide an opportunity to the selected women candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Economically Weaker Section (EWS) to acquire technical knowledge, real-time working skills, problem-solving skills, reasoning skills, analytical thinking, interpersonal skills etc. in a professional work environment. This programme would aim to achieve the following:
- To facilitate women candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Economically Weaker Section (EWS) for a transition from the college environment to the corporate world and thereby provides them with real-time exposure to niche technological projects/ activity in organizations under MeitY.
- To provide direct practical experience and exposure to freshly graduated engineers on niche technologies thereby reducing the “deployable time” for both the candidate, as well as the prospective employer.
- Help candidates attain stability between theoretical studies and realistic job experience through hands-on expertise and help them acquire skills like design/developmental skills, requirement analysis, testing skills etc.
- Help in enhancing professional skills among the candidates such as problem-solving abilities, communication skills, presentation skills, confidence enhancement, individual grooming, enterprise etiquette, etc.
Perks For The Candidates
- Candidates will be awarded a certificate recognising the successful completion of the WBL programme.
- Candidates undergoing Work Base Learning (WBL) programmes will be issued a stipend of rupees 10,000 per month
- In addition, candidates will also be provided with placement assistance after the completion of their training period.
Period of Programme
- Level – 1 WBL: 6 Months
- Level – 2 WBL: 6 Months (Maximum of 50% of selected candidates who have completed Level-01 to be provided with an opportunity to carry out Level-2 WBL)
WBL Candidates Will Undergo Learning In One Of The Following Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Quantum Computing
- Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality (AR/VR)
- Wireless Networks (5G, Wi-Fi 6 etc.)
- Smart Mobility (Including Vehicular and Drone Technology)
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Cyber Security and Cyber Forensics
- Big Data Analytics
- Digital Preservation
- Cloud Computing
- 3D Printing
- Flexible Electronics
- Emerging Memory/ Storage Technologies
- Machine vision (MV)
- CPU Design
(Area of work/activities in the organization can include specific/targeted project work, capability-building initiatives, design-based activities, developmental activities, research-based activities, etc.)
An individual will get the opportunity to work on live projects and technologies. These opportunities are available on the AICTE internship portal.
WBL is facilitated through seven (7) organizations of MeitY i.e., CERT-IN, C-DAC, NIELIT, STQC, CMET, ERNET and SAMEER
Interested candidates can apply for internship opportunities