The design lab of the Royal School of Architecture throws a focus on advanced digital technologies, material systems and design research which strives to shape the future of the next generation of designers. In an era of smart cities, sustainable buildings and contemporary interiors, we train our students to become lateral thinkers by focusing on a critical design approach. The lab is situated in block- C on the first floor.
Available Software Programs:
- Adobe Photoshop
Lab Activities Includes:
- Developing architectural design projects, keeping in mind the climatic condition of the site
- Studying different building technologies and services like plumbing and sanitation
- Practically observe building materials, their typologies and specifications
- Study electrical wirings, fittings and services
- Exercises related to surveying and levelling give students hands-on experience and help them understand the characteristics of the site.
- Learning techniques of testing compressive and tensile strengths of building materials.
- Making small prototypes of brick joints, wooden joints etc
- Experiment with various building materials