1. 19th to 24th December 2021, The Department of Architecture, The Assam Royal Global went for Architectural Design Case Studies (on Inclusive Housing) & Architectural Documentation in Delhi, Agra & Fatehpur Sikri . Students of B.Arch 5th Semester conducted studies (interviews, mapping of units, site layout, recreational features etc.) on noted Housing Projects, such as Tara Housing and Sheikh Sarai by famous Architects; Charles Correa and Raj Rewal. Furthermore, the students visited Taj Mahal and Fatehpur Sikri complex, of which a few heritage structures were documented. They have visited the famous historical monuments such as Humayun's Tomb, Lotus Temple, Nizamuddin Precinct, Connaught Place and other sightings of Delhi.
2. The Royal School of Environmental and Earth Sciences, The Assam Royal Global University completed its 10 days field work in Rajasthan (Udaipur, Jaisalmer and Jaipur) from 15th to 24th December, 2021. The field work was conducted for the students of UG and PG 3rd semester of Geography, Geology and Environmental Sciences with an intention to study the landform, landscape change, geological rock exposures and mine sites and environmental aspects of the entire state. Furthermore, the study also tried to understand the tourism scenario and economic aspect of the study area.
3. An awareness program on Zoonotic disease amongst the students and faculty members of the other departments of University was organized by the Department of Zoology .
4. 23rd January 2016, the students of 4th semester B.Arch. of Royal School of Architecture went for a case study to the GREENWOOD RESORT, KHANAPARA. They were accompanied by faculties â Ar. Nishita Kedia and Ar. Tanaya Deka Sinha .The students were taken to the resort with the motive to do a case study and to see how a resort should be designed in a small area having all the basic amenities and facilities using locally available materials.
5. 29th January 2016, MBA 2nd and 4th Semester students of Royal School of Business attended a talk on Urban Youth Revitalizes Rural India-A success story by Sarpanch Chhavi Rajawat, at the Assam State Museum Auditorium accompanied by Prof. Manoj.Kr.Jain.
6. 3rd February 2016, the students of 2nd, 4th and 6th semesters B.Arch. of Royal School of Architecture visited the city of Varanasi, the religious capital of India on a one week long study tour. The students were accompanied by respective teaching faculty to assist on their documentation of the Brijrama palace, previously known as the Darbhanga Palace. During their week long study tour, they not only documented the entire Brijrama palace, but being students of the architectural department, they also visited various other towns which are historically and architecturally important to this country.
7. 3rd to 4th February 2016, MBA 4th semester students of Royal School of Business attended North East Skill Development Conclave, organized by FINER at the NEDFI House.
8. 8th Feb 2016, Preet Agarwal, Executive Search Consultant at Singapore interacted with students of Royal School of Business. She provided an insight about industryâs expectations and needs from the fresh blood.
9. 9th February 2016, Royal School of Business along with the Royal School of Commerce organized an interactive session titled Transforming India: Challenges and Opportunities with Professor Rajeev Malhotra, OP Jindal Global University.
10. 10th of February 2016, the students of B.Arch. 6th Semester of Royal School of Architecture, under the guidance of Ar. Dwijomala Hanjabam, Ar. Shaheen Nazif and Ar. Nabajyoti Deka, visited the âAssam State Museumâ at Ambari, Guwahati as a part of their Architectural Design Curriculum to understand the scale of an urban project and understand its relation to the existing city fabric and come up with a design project which will set a bench mark for futuristic design in the region with use of modern building materials and construction technology. The case study mainly aimed at understanding the basics of planning of a small unit to a larger piece of space.
11. 15th of February 2016, the students of B.Arch. of Royal School of Architecture 2nd semester went for a live case study to renowned architect Ar. Ranel Das house under the guidance of Ar. Praschaya Kaushik and Ar. Dhrubajyoti Sonowal. The case study was undertaken to get the idea as to how to build a residence for a professional and to use the provided space to make it more productive. Also there was an interactive session in which the queries regarding the process of designing were discussed.
12. 16th February 2016, a day long visit to SEBI, local office, Guwahati was organised to attend a financial awareness programme by the B.Com. 4th Semester students of Royal School of Commerce.
13. 17th February 2016, BBA 4th and 6th semester students of Royal School of Business attended a workshop organized by SEBI titled,â Capital Market Awarenessâ. The Students were accompanied by Prof. M.K Jain and Dr. Tarak Paul.
14. 18th to 22nd February 2016, the 8th semester students of Royal School of Architecture went on a study tour to Delhi accompanied by their faculty in charge Ar. Neha Kaul Parasar. The tour was meant for the purpose of study of the Convention Centres which was required as case study for the Architectural design project. The trip was a four day event in the city where a small tour was made to Gurgaon as well. They also visited various famous public buildings that included the India Habitat Centre and Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi and the Eicher Office and Epicenter in Gurgaon respectively. These places were studied in detail with the help of Architect Chandu Askiere and a critical analysis was then prepared on them. The students also visited various other places in the time left such as the Lotus Temple, Connaught Place, Humayunâs Tomb and Delhi Haat making it a fun-filled experience.
15. 24th February 2016, Dr. R.M Pant, Director National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raaj, Guwahati, interacted with the MBA 2nd and 4th semester students of Royal School of Business. The topic of deliberation was Marketing Communication effectiveness of rural schemes by Corporates.
16. 26th February 2016, MBA and BBA students of Royal School of Business participated in the Annual Festival of Don Bosco Institute of Management âJourNEIâ.
17. 27th February 2016, MBA 2nd Semester of Royal School of Business accompanied by Prof. M.K Jain, Saugat Das and Bitopi G. Malakar visited Century Plyboards India Limited.
18. 27th February 2016, MBA 4th semester students of Royal School of Business accompanied by Mr.Nayanjyoti Choudhury visited Nezone Pvt. Ltd, Tezpur.
19. 27th of February 2016, students of B. Arch. of Royal School of Architecture 2nd semester went on a market survey of timber in and around the Maligaon area under the guidance of Ar. Dhrubajyoti Sonowal and Ar. Neha Kaul Prasar to research about the types, preparation and storage of timber as a part of their curriculum. The survey included interacting with the shopkeepers and to gain knowledge about the availability of the types of woods as well as their preparation and storage and also their market price.
20. 27th-28th of February 2016, the students of 4th semester B.Arch. of Royal School of Architecture went for a 2-day study trip to Kaziranga accompanied by faculties â Ar. Nishita Kedia and Ar. Tanaya Deka Sinha. The students visited the IORA RESORT and BORGOS RESORT in order to do a detail case study on their design topic i.e. Resort design. They were given exposure to the planning and designing of a resort and about wide range of the locally available materials and how to use them judicially in their design projects. The trip ended on a good note with an early morning Jeep safari and elephant ride.
21. 1st March 2016, Mr. Rohit Verma, Deputy Marketing Manager, PEI India, New Delhi engaged a session for the Royal School of Business students on âFundamentals of Derivativesâ.
22. 3rd March 2016, Dr.Suresh Arckatty ,Hyderabad Zonal Business Head ,interacted with students of MBA and BBA of Royal School of Business .He deliberated on the topicâ Corporate Expectation from Management Graduatesâ.
23. 17th & 18th March 2016, Students of BBA (all semesters) of Royal School of Business attended a two day workshop on âDigital Marketingâ which consisted of topics about information regarding the upcoming trends like website planning and creation, off page search engine optimization, local SEO, on page SEO and many others, was organized by CARPE-DIEM (IIM-C) EVENTS & MAKEINTERN.COM, in Association with the Entrepreneurship Development Cell, RGI. The session was conducted by Mr. Ankit Narang- Co- founder of jewelryezone.com
24. 18th, 19th March & 3rd April 2016, The students of B.Arch. 8th Semester of Royal School of Architecture, as a part of their Town Planning curriculum went to Sualkuchi, Assam to study a blighted area to carry out surveys, analysis, and presentation with respect to existing areas to know the cause and consequences of the blight and in order to redevelop or improve them. A group of 10 students visited the site on 3 days i.e., 18th and 19th of March and 3rd of April accompanied by the faculty in charge Ar. Praschaya Kaushik. A detailed survey was carried out using questionnaires made by the student to figure out the existing problems which the people of the town face. The data collected by the group of 10 students is then used to analyze and find solutions to help improve the existing town conditions.
25. 2nd April 2016, BBA students of 4th and 6th semester of Royal School of Business attended a workshop on âFinancial Market Awarenessâ organized by Securities and Exchange Board of India. Students were accompanied by Prof. Manoj Kumar Jain and Dr. Tarak Paul.
26. 5th April 2016, the students of 6th Semester of Royal School of Architecture visited âAll India Radio â and â Rabindra Bhawanâ, Guwahati under the guidance of Ar. Praschaya Kaushik to study the design principles of sound insulation for different enclosed space such as Auditorium, Audio recording studio etc. As a part of their academic curriculum for the subject Building Services (Acoustics).
27. 18th, 19th April 2016, A crash course on Research Methodology and Data Analysis was organized for MBA 2nd Semester students of Royal School of Business. The course was delivered by Prof. (Dr.) George A.P, Dean, RSB and Nandini Borah, Asst. Prof., RSB. Certificates were awarded after the completion of the course.
28. 23rd April 2016, Students of 6th semester of the department of Electrical Engineering of Royal School of Engineering & Technology visited the manufacturing unit of Britannia industries under SRD Nutrients Pvt. Ltd, Mangaldai .Under the guidance of the faculty members who accompanied the visit, the students were able to explore the plant and understand the functioning of the plant. The students gained knowledge about the inventory chain management, the production and packaging processes along with a live demonstration of the machinery unit. They also witnessed the machinery and mechanism involved in the quality testing process in the quality testing laboratory where they were explained about the standards of quality control observed by the industry.
29. 25th April 2016, the final year students of the department of Electronics & Communication of Royal School of Engineering & Technology were taken for a one day educational trip to the North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC), Umium Meghalaya. North-Eastern Space Applications CentreÂ is a regional space center established in September, 2000 by joint initiative ofÂ Department of space,Â Government of IndiaÂ andÂ North Eastern Council. In the trip, the students could practically see the usage of remote sensing technology in discovering natural minerals uncovered in the North-Eastern states of India.
30. 28th -29th April 2016, two days National Conference on Emerging trends in Engineering--Opportunities in Northeast was held in Royal Group of Institutions. Chief Guest Prof. (Dr) Gautam Biswas, Director, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati inaugurated the National Conference and delivered lecture.
31. 1st May 2016, noted Economist and National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Ayog full-time member professor Mr. Bibek Debory delivered memorial lecture on Professor Sarat Mahantâs birth anniversary.
32. 3rd of May 2016, the students of the 8th semester of Royal School of Architecture visited various construction sites along with faculty Ar. Tanaya Deka Sinha to explore the various activities that take place in the professional field on-site. The students visited three construction sites where different phases of construction were going on. The Unique Plaza, Last Gate had the piling phase being carried out whereas the work in the Unique Tower, Khanapara was in the finishing stage. The site of the Uttarayan Ville, Kahilipara was exquisite as it showcased various phases that would help to understand the subject of Construction Management. The students were able to interact with the experts present on site and gain knowledge from them. The students than prepared a brief documentation on the three sites.
33. 28th -29th May 2016, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Royal School of Engineering and Technology, organized a two-day conference on Emerging Trend in Engineering: Opportunities in North East. Key officials from NIRD, IIE, academicians from IIT Guwahati, Assam Engineering College, Royal School of Engineering & Technology, Assam Science and Technology University, resource persons from Altair Engineering Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore, Global Tech Engr. Center, Whirlpool, Pune etc. are a few to name who actively reviewed the role of new ideas in promoting technical development during the conference.
34. 12th June, 2016, Students of Royal School of Business BBA 4th semester participated in the inter-institute quiz competition organized by The Indian Institute of Charter Accountants of India (ICAI), Guwahati branch of EIRC of ICAI.
35. 28th-31st July 2016, a workshop on E-waste workshop or the Electronic waste workshop kick started at Royal School of Architecture. The workshop was conducted by Artist and Designer Ms. Aarti Badamikar from Mumbai who runs her own studio named âCONCEPT ARTâ. In the workshop students from all the semesters from RSA took part where they had to create a mural with the theme of Varanasi out Electronic wastes viz. circuit boards of Television, Computers, Mobile phones, unused CDs etc. The students had also created a mural out of waste white board markers in the form of Rhinoceros.
36. 2nd -3rd August 2016, the students of 3rd semester B.Arch. Of Royal School of Architecture accompanied by respective subject teachers Ar. Praschaya Kaushik and Ar. Shaheen Nazif went to the restaurants âBhargav Grand Hotelâ and âDelicacyâ on 2nd and 3rd of August to perform their case studies on Restaurant design as a part of the minor project of the subject Architectural Design. These case studies were done to help the students understand the different requirements and design elements of a restaurant.
37. 11th -12th August 2016, âHelping Handsâ of Royal Group of Institutions initiated a flood relief drive and distributed food and non-food flood relief materials to flood-hit areas of Mayang Block, Ghagua Panchayat, Chuta Garmariguri village, Morigaon. âHelping Handsâ is a community club of Royal Group of Institutions set up in 2009 to offer help to the general public by organizing flood relief drive, blood donation camp, awareness program and the like. The materials distributed by Helping Hands benefited flood affected population of 600 people from 270 families. The relief camp was for two days and the families selected for the flood relief materials belong to the Below Poverty Line (BPL). This entire exercise was complimented by the DTO Kamrup (M), DTO Morigaon and DC Kamrup (M) and DC Morigaon.
38. 18th August 2016, Mr. Aakash Surana, an entrepreneur working in the field of solar energy, delivered a talk on âSolar Energy and Its Benefitsâ for the students of the department of Electrical Engineering of Royal School of Engineering & Technology. Mr. Sharma in his lecture emphasized on the uses and benefits of solar energy and its benefits and also guided the participants on how to set up a business in the field of solar energy. The session was very much enjoyed by the students as it offered them not only the uses and implications of solar energy, but also acted as food for thought for their future career decisions.
39. 20th August 2016, the students of 7th Semester, RSA under the guidance of Ar. Gautam Sarma, visited âK.G.M.T Hospital Hatigarhâ to perform a case study on Hospitals as a part of their academic curriculum for the subject of âArchitectural Designâ. The case study mainly included the study of OPDs, IPDs, Casualties and Ambulatory zones.
40. 23rd and 24th Aug 2016, Royal School of Business (RSB) in collaboration with Nations Institute of Securities markets (NISM), Mumbai organized a two day seminar for Management students at Royal Group of Institutions Campus. The seminar titled â21st Century Skills and Personal Brandingâ and âIntroduction to securities marketsâ was conducted by noted speakers from NISM. Dr. Sandip Ghose, Director NISM and Mr. Jitendra Kumar, Faculty, NISM were the key resource persons who conducted the seminar. The NISM personnel also interacted with RSB Faculty and Placement Cell.
41. 25th â 27th August 2016, the students of B.Arch. - 5th Semester, went for a 2-day study trip to Numaligarh accompanied by Ar. Tanaya Deka Sinha and Ar. Nabajit Deka. The students visited the NRL Township in order to carry out a detailed case study of its planning and architecture according to its particular climatic condition. The students were given a great exposure to the designing of the society, the study of the human behavior, their needs and requirements in their daily life, etc. At last the students were also given a tour of the Numaligarh Oil Refinary.
42. 1st -2nd September 2016, The Department of Electrical Engineering of Royal School of Engineering & Technology for the first time organized âIGNIS 2016â a forum which encompassed discussions and debates pertaining to the domain of electrical engineering, challenges and the way forward. IGNIS 2016 was organized keeping in view the role of electrical engineering in the future development of the society and finding out alternate ways of sustainable inventions. In alignment with the objective of the programme IGNIS 2016 organized a talk on Smart Grid & Electrical Vehicles and also a debate competition on the topic âAssam cannot solve its electricity problemâ.
43. 2nd September 2016, Students from Royal School of Business (BBA and MBA) participated in the Shaping Young Minds Programme organized by the All India Management Association (AIMA) at the ITA Auditorium, Machkhowa Guwahati. The Students were accompanied by Asst. Prof. Nayanjyoti Choudhury.
44. 5th September 2016 to 7th September 2016, Students from Royal School of Business participated in a Management Development Programme on "Export Management Skills for Coir Exporters" organized by the Coir Board and Indian Institute of Foreign Trade.
45. 6th&7th September 2016, a group of students from 3rd semester Architectural Design visited Shillong for a two day trip, accompanied by respective subject teachers Ar. Praschaya Kaushik and Ar. Shaheen Nazif to perform case studies on kindergarten. A total of 3 case studies were done on Step by Step, Pine Mount School and Springfield kindergarten. These case studies were undertaken to understand the different design aspects and requirements of a kindergarten.
46. 7th September 2016, MBA Students from Royal School of Business took active participation in an event organized at the Royal Global School. Dr. Promode Kr. Sarma was the speaker of the day. The students were accompanied by Asst. Prof. Rohit Verma.
47. 8th September 2016, Dr. Deborshi Dey, Business Enables Agro-(Organic) food, Hospitability Solar & Social Welfare Management interacted with MBA Students of Royal School of Business The students gained knowledge about the problem and prospects of start-ups and the core issues of social welfare.
48. 9th September 2016, the students of B.Arch - 5th Semester, went for the site visit to Rani on accompanied by Ar. Nabajit Deka, Ar. Prachaya Kaushik and Ar. Arnav Bhagawati. The students visited the site which was of 11 acres in order to carry out the detailed study on the context of the site which will help in its planning according to its climatic condition. The experience of having a live site was really good; it gave the students a new way to look beyond their horizons of designing and motivated all to work way professionally.
49. 10th September 2016, students of MBA visited the factory of Kishlay Foods Pvt. Ltd, accompanied by Prof. Manoj Kr. Jain & Asst. Prof. Pranami Sharma. The factory was created in 2001 with the larger vision of becoming a true Food Company across the North East. Currently, it produces vide range of biscuits, cookies & rusk under the flagship brand of âKishlayâ, âMamoozâ and âBisk Bakerâ.
The unit is operating at its optimum level and has achieved the status of highest installed capacity unit to its credit in unorganized biscuit manufacturing facility in the entire NE Region. The unit is equipped with state of the art manufacturing facilities to produce different biscuits varities like Marie, Half-Half, Soaltee, Butter Bite, Cream Puffs, Glucose, Top, Delicious Elaichi, Coconut Crisp etc. Premium variety Biscuits, Cookies & Rusks under the brand name of Mamooz are also being marketed by the unit.
50. 15th Sep 2016, as a part of âEngineerâs Dayâ Celebrations, a talk regarding âStudy opportunities abroadâ was organized under the banner of ISTE at Royal Group of Institutions. Dr. Bhaba Ranjan Sarmah, Vice President, ISTE and Mr. Soumen Das, Center Director, T.I.M.E. were present to enlighten the final year students with their motivating speech and words of wisdom.
51. 21st September, 2016, the students of 3rd semester went for a site visit in the Panbazar area for their major design project which was to design a kindergarten. The site selected for the design is the site of existing school viz. âPanbazar Adarsha Prathamik Vidyalayaâ. The site analysis was done of the area along with the existing structure under the guidance of Ar. Praschaya Kaushik and Ar. Shaheen Nazif.
52. 24th September 2016, Royal School of Commerce in association with Eastern India Chartered Accountants Studentsâ Association (EICASA), Guwahati Branch organized a one day workshop on âGoods & Services Tax-Prospects & Challengesâ. Mr. Rakesh Agarwala, Deputy Commissioner of Taxes, Government of Assam and CA Ragini Goyal, Member, Guwahati Branch of ICAI were present as Resource Persons.
53. 5th December 2016, one day Digital marketing workshop was conducted at Royal Group of Institutions by the Advertising club Guwahati and Calcutta Media Institute. The students of BBA 1st semester of Royal School of Business participated in the workshop along with professionals from the region. The session was conducted by Mr.Atanu Ghosh, CEO, Bluebeak solutions, and covered a wide array of topics including search engine marketing and optimization, social media marketing, mobile marketing, online display ads and Digital Media analytics and Matrix.
54. 11th November-21st November 2016, Students of Royal School of Business BBA 5th semester went for an excursion cum industry visit to Patanjali in Haridwar under the guidance of Nandini Borah and Nayanjyoti Choudhury.